Log in

travel insurance? - Australians in the UK [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
aussies in uk

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

travel insurance? [Nov. 8th, 2005|09:27 pm]
aussies in uk


Hey guys,
Going to be moving to London sometime next year and wondering what happens with travel insurance?
I'm planning on staying there at least a year, most probably more (i have british passport, so it's all good there, can stay as long as i want).

Do i need to get it? Only get it for the trip over there?

Thanks for your help :)

[User Picture]From: gem
2005-11-14 02:29 pm (UTC)
As far as medical stuff is concerned... Once you are living in the UK and you have a British passport you can register on the NHS. Just go into your nearest doctors with your passport, I think you may also need something with your address on it. When you are a UK resident you can also get a EHIC card from the Post Office for travel in Europe. I didn't worry about getting travel insurance when coming here but it may be a good idea if you are worried about loss of personal belongings.
(Reply) (Thread)